Friday

The Friday Follow - (#FF) with Clio de la Llave



Name: Clio de la Llave

Occupation: Founder of Booje Media – Social Media

Who is your role model/mentor:
I actually don’t have one particular role model. I have had so many amazing people throughout my life that have inspired me and that have been guiding me along the way.

What do you like most about your job:
The relationships I get to create and maintain everyday. I love having the freedom to execute my visions with my creative ability.

Snowball 2010 - Alex Siren, Amy Fernett, Shay Mitchell & Clio

Clio and Lisa Von Sturmer from Growing City

Daily ritual:
Make a healthy breakfast, go online for interesting articles and get caught up on this ever so changing industry of social media, post on Twitter & Facebook and get to my days work. I always fill my evenings with meeting up with friends/family or attend an event to do some networking.

The most rewarding part of my job is:
Creating organic relationships between my clients and their followers. I love that social media has allowed for two-way communication, which is changing the way companies are operating.

What has been your biggest strength that’s helped you succeed in your industry?
I’m a very social person and I genuinely enjoy meeting new people. Social media is just that… but online.


Memorable celebrity encounter/interview:
I met Vince Vaughn at a party last year (he really is just as funny in person).

Where do you go for some retail therapy?
I save most of my shopping for when I’m in Laguna beach. Love going from boutique to boutique along Pacific.

What has been your favourite event to attend?
Recently, I attended an Oscar Party thrown by Donnelly Group at Cinema Public House. Champagne was flowing, the food was delicious and everyone looked fabulous.

Oscars at Cinema - George Richmond, Clio & Stirling Richmond

PinUps for Pink Brunch - Clio, Caylin Bozzer, Cindy Busby & Kalee Harris

Favourite hangout:
I’ve been spending a lot of time in Gastown lately. There’s no better place than Guilt & Co to play some board games and drink some wine with the ladies. Salt is another favourite as well as the Glowbal Group restaurants.

Favourite childhood memory:
I loved playing dress up and seeing how many pearl necklaces I could get my little hands on.

If there was more time in the day you would:
Go for a walk to Granville Island and read a good book while drinking my favourite pineapple smoothie.

Favourite social network:
Twitter

Favourite Blog:
Well other than “Crème de la Crème” and “Tiffany’s joie de vie”… I love “This is Glamorous“ and I go on “Mashable” every day to get caught up on all the social media news.

Last song you downloaded:
Seal – Secret


Clio now offers social media training which helps businesses not only understand how to use social networks effectively, but find their voice that best resonates with their audience. CountDown Events is looking forward to seeing much more of @boojemedia and @cliodelallave !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This girl looks like a lot of fun, yet sounds hard working. Who wouldn't want to meet her?

Anonymous said...

very interesting post! Good luck to Clio and Booje!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...