Friday

Follow Friday (#FF) with Sunny Shum


Name: Sunny Shum

Occupation: Footwear Buyer for www.sterlingshoes.com and Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger for www.partlysunny.ca

Who is your role model/mentor:

1. My mother. All I can say is that she’s the tough one in the family. I admire her working hard ethics and her loyalty.

2. My boyfriend, my life partner. I always tell him he’s the smartest guy I know. I look up to him and he gives me strength when I don’t have it.

What do you like most about your job:

The shoes of course! Being a buyer is the best job in the world. You have someone else’s money and you get to go out into the market to find product. I’ve traveled to some great places for work and every trip brings new experiences.

Daily ritual:

I get up around 630 am and take my dog for a walk. Before I speed off to the office, I take a few minutes to quickly check up on personal emails. Once I get to the office I check my emails. The rest of the day is filled with appointments with vendors, working programs, and dealing with the “day to day” challenges of the business. At the end of the day, I really look forward to going home to my boyfriend, my dog and a good meal.

The most rewarding part of my job is:

Nothing kicks in the adrenaline more than seeing the products that I bought and/or developed, fly off the shelves. I love being right!


What has been your biggest strength that’s helped you succeed in your industry?

I hate to say it, but my easy going and “Sunny” personality. I’ve worked with and have met a lot of really great people along the way and have built great relationships by building trust.

Where do you go for some retail therapy?

I don’t have one favourite shop. I shop literally everywhere. I obviously shop at my own stores, Sterling Shoes and LynnStevens for clothes in Gastown as well as The Cross Designs in Yaletown for home chachkas.

What has been your favourite event to attend?

My very first international runway fashion show in Koln, Germany for Miss Sixty at the Bread and Butter Apparel Trade show.

Favourite hangout: Home is where the heart is.

Favourite childhood memory: Playing car racing with my brother and his Hot Wheels and water color painting.

If there was more time in the day you would: Sleep. I clock in about 6 hours a day and it’s not enough.

Favourite social network: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Favourite Blog: www.stylquotient.ca - Best street style photography

www.thecoveteur.com - I love the product photography that captures creative processes of global tastemakers.

Last song you downloaded: Bon Jovi’s, “It’s My Life”

Thank you very much for thinking of me and your continued support!

PartlySunny.ca is being re-vamped in the next few months. New layout, more content and a new look. We are so excited and look forward to following this fabulous fashionista on her new adventures. Make sure to stay tuned for more of Sunny's vision - CountDown Events can't wait!  


No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...