Friday

The Follow Friday - (#FF) with Jillian Crago

On March 11, 2011 - a 9.0 magnitude earthquake struck Japan and set off a tsunami, causing major damage. Last Friday was "For Japan with Love" a fundraiser online to raise money to help those that were effected by the devastating natural disaster. In the last four days, this organization has raised an inspiring $54,737.

In honor of this cause we did not post a blog on Friday, but we are extremely excited to feature Jillian Crago on our blog as the unique (Monday) #FF!


Name: Jillian Crago

Occupation: Freelance Stylist & Visual Merchandiser/ Stylist for Boudoir Boutique

Who is your role model/mentor: Rachel Zoe is always such an inspiration & amazing businesswoman to look up to, as well as the ladies from ‘Who What Wear’. At the end of the day though it’s always my mom – she’s my best friend & understands me better than anyone else.













What do you like most about your job: It allows me to express my creativity in an industry I love. It’s the most rewarding feeling having a vision for a project and watching it take life.

Daily ritual: Coffee in the morning (preferably with almond milk & brown sugar) and my vitamins to keep me going. I also never leave the house without putting on my illuminating tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier – I swear by it.

The most rewarding part of my job is: The sky’s the limit & anything is attainable if you set your mind to it.

What has been your biggest strength that’s helped you succeed in your industry? My drive to succeed, and my ability to change, adapt, and grow with an ever changing industry.

Memorable celebrity encounter/interview: Meeting Gabrielle Aubry at the Louis Vuitton party this past winter… he doesn’t even look real, it’s ridiculous!

Where do you go for some retail therapy? Anywhere there is retail! I don’t have one specific place that’s my ‘go to’ it always fully depends on what I’m looking for. I work at Boudoir in Yaletown as well so it’s always way too convenient to soothe my soul there. However I love spending an afternoon on South Granville, or checking out the other boutiques in Yaletown & Gastown.

What has been your favourite event to attend? I love going to events and meeting new people but my favorite would definitely be the Louis Vuitton party. There was so much secrecy behind the event so there was major suspense building up to it. Everything from taking the train to the LV club was amazing.

Favourite hangout: I live in Yaletown so usually find myself spending a lot of time in the neighborhood but Gastown is definitely a favorite to go for dinner and drinks. My favorite spot to hang at on a sunny Sunday is the patio at Provence, can’t beat it. I’m a huge summer person too so when it’s hot out I couldn’t be happier at the beach, boating, or on a patio.

Favourite childhood memory: Growing up in small town Cranbrook in a super tight knit family we spent a lot of time together. Every weekend we would be skiing, camping, hiking, or spending long days at the lake. I wouldn’t trade my childhood for anything. I think it’s made me a better person today and well rounded, having such a grounded upbringing with a family that is always my biggest support system.

If there was more time in the day you would: I would take more time to enjoy the small simple things in life that are so easily forgotten about. You know that old saying “take time to smell the roses”.

Favorite social network: Hootsuite is a great platform to manage multiple accounts for twitter and facebook – it’s a life saver

Favourite Blog: www.dressdesigndecor.blogspot.com - her pictures continue to inspire me day after day

Last song you downloaded: ‘I’m Coming Home’ – PDiddy!

Jillian was a co-owner of Operation Style for the past 3 years and has recently ventured out on her own.  CountDown Events is excited for this new chapter in Jill's life! Visit Crago's new site at www.JillianCrago.com - it's a perfect place to keep you in style & in the know with what's going on in the fashion world.

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...